Here at Oat Cosmetics we’re passionate about doing our bit to support local communities together with the broader nation and are proud to have donated £1500 to the National Emergencies Trust’s (NET) Coronavirus Appeal in these times of global hardship.
The NET’s Coronavirus Appeal is being run in partnership with the British Red Cross and, through a number of community foundations, seeks to distribute the funds raised to organisations and local charities who can support those in the UK made most vulnerable by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. These local charities and other organisations will use funding received to action support for a variety of causes from foodbanks to bereavement support to assistance for the elderly in self-isolation. Specifically, priority allocation of funds will be given to:
- Groups that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained
- Groups and activities that support vulnerable people self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions etc.)
- Support for foodbanks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger
- Community response coordination
- Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the pandemic
- Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Additional support as required for emotional support, mental health and bereavement support
Secondarily, if enough funding is raised through the Appeal, money will be distributed so as to counter the loss of contract income and fundraising for organisations providing support for vulnerable groups.
The support of the public can make a huge difference in providing those most in need with a helping hand during these challenging times. We encourage everyone to spare some time to look at the fantastic work being carried out by national and local charities, trusts, and organisations in the wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and, of course, we’d love to hear about how people have come together in your local community to support others through these difficult times.