The Easter bank holiday weekend is now definitely over, but with the recent spell of nice weather it feels like summer is only just around the corner. That means that it’ll soon be time to shake the dust off our summer skin care regimes and start prepping our skin for the coming hot summer months.
With so much on the market it can often be a bit daunting trying to find which are the best skin care products, which are the ones that actually work, and which are the ones that aren’t going to break the bank in the process. One thing’s for sure, using ingredients that are natural and non-toxic is a great way to help protect the skin’s natural barriers during the hot summer months. Luckily, there’s one ingredient that we know a lot about, and can safely say is a beauty and skin care must have: our colloidal oatmeal Oat COM. If you haven’t already heard, colloidal oatmeal is a fantastic ingredient for the skin as it helps soothe, moisturize and reduce redness and itchiness. It is also anti-ageing!
After the long winter months, it’s important to give your skin some much needed TLC before it is exposed to the sun and so we’ve got the best ways to do this, and how you can incorporate colloidal oatmeal into your daily routine.
Prep your skin for summer
- Cleanse – So much has been written about the benefits of daily cleansing the skin and why it is an important part of any skin care routine. Cleansing helps to remove dirt, grime and pollutants that have built up on the skin throughout the day. Incorporating oatmeal into your cleanser is a great way to remove excess oil and leave the skin feeling soft. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to fight acne and reduce redness.
- Exfoliate – Cold weather can leave the skin feeling dry and dull, and exfoliation is a great way to remove dead skin cells to reveal glowing skin ready for the summer. Oats can be added to exfoliating creams as they help to soothe the skin during exfoliation, making it the perfect ingredient for those with sensitive skin.
- Keep skin hydrated – Moisturizing helps keep the skin looking and feeling soft and hydrated. Colloidal oatmeal can help to protect the natural barriers of the skin and lock in moisture because of its unique lipid profile. Colloidal oatmeal is particularly helpful for those that suffer from eczema, as it helps to reduce redness and itchiness due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking lots of water will also help you care for your skin and keep it feeling hydrated.
- Don’t forget the SPF – It’s important to make sure your skin is protected all year round from UV rays, but especially in the summer as the days get longer and the sun’s rays get stronger. SPFs can sometimes be a nuisance to put on as they can often leave the skin feeling sticky. With the addition of colloidal oatmeal, SPF formulations can feel more moisturizing whilst also giving the skin that full protection.
- After sun – If sun exposure leaves your skin feeling hot, burnt and tight, oats can be used in after sun creams to help soothe and cool the skin, and the high anti-oxidant levels help to replenish and repair the skin’s natural barriers after sun damage.
At in-cosmetics Global, we were very excited to launch further comprehensive Oat COM data that focuses on the advantages of using Oat COM across a number of key areas, including its efficacy as an anti-inflammatory and moisturizing ingredient.