The technical advancement of our Oat based silicone free serum comes from the combined attributes of our three flagship Oat ingredients, Oat COM, Oat Lipid and Oat SILK. Serums need to provide a good coverage and rapid absorption while leaving skin immediately soft, silky and matte with lasting effects. Silicones are normally used to achieve this balance often through combining light, volatile silicones with heavier elastomer silicone compounds. However, an increasing demand for natural-based skin products and a move towards silicone free cosmetics has led to us create this natural, luxurious Serum.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI||% w/w|
|Purified Water||Aqua||To 100|
|A||Disodium EDTA||Disodium EDTA||2.5|
|A||Euxyl PE9010||Phenoxyethanol Ethylhexylglycerin||1|
|B||Oat SILK 12||Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour||2|
|B||Oat COM||Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour||1|
|C||Oat Lipid e||Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil||7.5|
|C||Arlacel 165||Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate||1.5|
|D||Sepiplus 400||Polyacrylate 13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20||2|
- Add water to the main vessel.
- Using high speed mechanical stirring, add Phase A and fully disperse in water.
- Heat Phase A to 70°C.
- Once Phase A has reached 70°C, add and disperse Phase B.
- In a separate vessel, add the ingredients from Phase C and heat to 70°C until melted.
- With both phases at 70°C, add Phase C to the main vessel and homogenize for 1 minute to emulsify.
- Add Phase D and homogenize for a further 3-4 minutes until bright, shiny and uniform.
- Transfer to a stirrer and stir. Cool to ambient temperature.
- Make weight with purified water, record pH and viscosity.
Ingredients used in the formulation
Super smooth, super fine, feel good oat powder
Industry leading colloidal oatmeal