Hair care is the broad term given to looking after the living parts of the hair, which include the follicle, root and shaft. It also encompasses the skin from which the hair grows, the scalp. It is vital that these areas are kept healthy to ensure that healthy hair production is maintained and there are a variety of products which enable this to happen.
Hair Care Ingredients
Why use Oat COM (Colloidal Oatmeal) in hair care?
Colloidal oatmeal’s reparative and moisturising effects are also beneficial to the hair and scalp. When used in hair care products, Oat COM soothes dry itchy scalps and prevents further dandruff from occurring.
- Regularly used in shampoos, dry shampoos and conditioners
- Gently cleanses sebum and absorbs dirt
- Soothes irritated and itchy scalps
- Nourishes dry skin and prevents dandruff
Oat Lipid e
Why is Oat Lipid (Oat Oil) one of the popular hair care ingredients?
Oat Lipid has long been used in hair care to leave the hair and scalp conditioned and healthy. This non-greasy oat oil hydrates the scalp and minimizing lipid loss in the scalp.
- Regularly used in deep conditioning treatments, hair oils and serums
- Ceramides naturally found within Oat Lipid bind to the hair shaft making it less porous and giving the hair a better shine
- Rich in phospholipids to aids hair’s glossiness
- Hydrating, moisturising, soothing properties
- Soothes inflamed scalps to treat itchiness and dandruff
- Treats dry or damaged hair or flaky scalps
Why use Oat SILK (fine oat flour) in hair care?
Oat SILK is a highly effective textural base that provides a luxuriant silky feel with natural lipid and antioxidant content. Add to conditioners for a luxurious feel and dry shampoos to thicken hair and absorb grease.
- Thickens fine hair
- High concentration of starch which absorbs grease
- Adds body and viscosity to conditioners and hair masks
Why are Oat Extracts one of the popular hair care ingredients?
Our potent Oat Extracts are suitable for a range of hair care applications including luxury shampoos and conditioners. Each active has unique properties, particularly excelling in the following hair care areas:
- Increases hair strength
- Increases extensibility of the hair
- Protects against brittleness of hair
- Reduces the breakage caused by bleaching
- Contains natural antioxidants producing soothing benefits for the scalp
- Effectively shown to prevent hair lipid peroxidation
- Relieves scalp itching and sensitivity
Why Organic Oat ingredients in hair care?
The market for organic hair care products has grown rapidly over the last five years as consumers have become more aware of where and how the ingredients within their cosmetics are sourced. To meet the needs of this growing group, Oat Cosmetics offers a complete organic ingredient range for use in hair care.
The Organic Oat range provides:
- An ingredient that is sustain-ably sourced
- Certifies organic ingredients
Why use DermiVeil in hair care applications?
DermiVeil helps to control residual and immediate oiliness of the hair making it ideal for use in dry shampoo products.
- Exceptional powder base for use in dry shampoos and dry conditioners
- Fine and controlled particle size therefore suitable for aerosol application
- Suitable rice and corn starch replacement which leaves minimal white residue on the hair
- Particularly high oil absorption helping to reduce greasiness of unwashed hair
Virgin Poppy Seed
Why use Virgin Poppy Seed in hair care?
Our Virgin Poppy Seed Oil locks in moisture, hydrates and improves hair health whilst leaving a non-greasy shine. It excelled in hair care tests due to its unique properties, improving hair combability and whilst also conditioning root to tip.
- High oleic acid content gives hair a silky feel and non-greasy shine
- Helps to soften hair ends and improve the smooth feel of hair even when dry
- Proven to hydrate and condition whilst improving hair health by locking in moisture
- Spreads easily in formulations and proven to improve both wet and dry hair combability
- Ideal for use in intense hair oils and conditioners