From the bathing Romans to the mud sunscreens of the Hippopotamus, effective skin care is an essential aid to health and has been so for many years. Whether it is maintaining a healthy skin pH balance, reducing redness and irritation or purely for soft, silky feeling skin our oat ingredients for natural organic skin care can help in a variety of applications.
Natural Organic Skin Care
Why use Oat COM (Colloidal Oatmeal) in skin care?
Oat COM is a proven anti-aging ingredient delivering a non-greasy feel to personal care products. Due to its unique profile colloidal oatmeal has reparative collagen properties, whilst protecting and soothing sensitive skin.
- Anti-pollution properties
- Reduces redness and calms irritated skin
- Deeply effective and long lasting improvement in skin hydration and moisturization
- Soothing and moisturizing effect on sensitive skins
- Clinical proven and monographed as a skin protectant
- Sensitive enough to use on the eye area
- Soothes skin disorders – itchy skin, eczema, psoriasis, irritated skin
- Effective antioxidant activity
Why use Oat Lipid (Oat Oil) in natural organic skin care?
Safe to use on any skin type, Oat Lipid is skin’s salvation. Non-greasy and quick to absorb into the skin, this oat oil contains moisture regulating ceramides and has a high content of essential fatty acids, known to maintain skin health and ameliorate skin disorders including acne vulgaris.
- Non-greasy oil which absorbs quickly into the skin
- Used regularly in serums, eye care, moisturizers and facial oils
- Typically contains 1-2% of moisture regulating Ceramides
- Proven non-comedogenic active oil, perfect for use in anti-acne products
- Oat Lipid e reduces whiteheads, blackheads and papules
- Great for after sun care – replenishes ceramides lost through sun exposure
- Fatty acid profile comparable to the skin
- Rich in phospholipids which support the penetration and delivery of active ingredients into the skin
- Penetrates the epidermis providing deep moisturisation
- Maintain skin permeability barrier and reduces TEWL
Why use Oat SILK (fine oat flour) in skin care?
Oat SILK is a highly effective textural base that provides a luxuriant silky feel with natural lipid and antioxidant content. Provides a silky and natural finish on the skin and improves the texture and feel of creams and lotions.
- Immediate brightening and mattifying effect on the skin
- Contains natural antioxidants including avenathramides and vitamin E which assist skin health
- Adds a smooth and silky effect to formulations
- Reduces greasiness by absorbing oil
- 7% oil content imparts a luxurious silky feel
- Adds body and viscosity to creams and lotions
Why Organic Oat ingredients in skin care?
The market for organic skin care products has grown rapidly over the last five years as consumers have become more aware of where and how the ingredients within their skin care products are sourced. To meet the needs of this growing group, Oat Cosmetics offers a complete organic ingredient range for use in skin care products.
The Organic Oat range provides:
- An ingredient that is sustain-ably sourced
- Certifies organic ingredients
Why use Virgin Poppy Seed Oil in skin care applications?
Virgin Poppy Seed Oil contains 9% skin active sterols and is rich in linoleic acid to assist in the recovery of skin barrier mechanisms and moisturises the skin.
- Rich in linoleic acid to replenish skin and improve dryness
- Natural emollient
- Locks in moisture
- Hydrating on application
- Perfect for cleansing oils and hydrating serums
Why use aurafirm in skin care applications?
aurafirm ’s unique properties make it ideal for use in all skin care applications. It provides prebiotic activity, gives the skin radiance, plumps and firms the skin, smoothes skin and leave skin moisturised and comforted.
- aurafirm greatly improves skin health as it acts as a catalyst for microbiome recovery and enables good bacteria to thrive.
- aurafirm is rich in natural-exfoliating AHAs that promotes cell renewal and reveals radiant skin.
- Hydrates the skin and delivers rapid and long-term skin plumping and firming.
- Can be used in face masks, emulsions, high end toners, essences, gels, boosters, ampoules, serums, eye care, creams and lotions.
Why use Oat BioBeads in skin care applications?
A sustainable, biodegradable alternative to micro-plastics, Oat BioBeads can be used in a range of skin care applications to deliver soothing and skin reparative properties.
- Oat BioBeads soften in water, breaking easily when rubbed on the skin. This allows the active Oat COM to be used in wider range of formulations.
- Delivers the benefits of colloidal oatmeal, including skin hydration and moisturisation in a bead.
- Gives a visual effect in products including body lotions, creams, gels and jelly.
- Used in hand sanitisers to deliver soothing properties when rubbed on the skin.
- Perfect to include in visually appealing products designed for use after AHAs/BHAs, acid toning or retinoid use to counteract skin flaking or redness.
Why use AvenaPlex in skin care applications?
AvenaPLex contains a powerful mix of surface-active molecules including sterols, ceramides and free fatty acids that rapidly absorb into the skin to repair, replenish and protect the lipid barrier.
- Increases skin essential ceramide levels in the skin to manage the signs of ageing including the prevention of loss of skin elasticity and firmness
- Stimulates the production of Hyaluronan Synthase 3 (hyaluronic acid), a key part of the skin’s natural moisturising factor
- Rich in fatty acids which strengthen the skin’s barrier, providing protection from environmental aggressors
- High phospholipid content significantly enhances permeability for active ingredients to more deeply penetrate the skin
- Minimum 4% ceramide content (0.8% of which are skin identical)
- Ideal for luxurious-feel moisturisers, body butters and cleansers